Thanks for visiting! To keep up with Pagan's Pen, please visit the blog's new home at http://fantasm.es/paganspen

Buy my books through Amazon

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Well, that went swell

So much for a continuing podcast about writing. Pagan's Pen will return, but it must be revivified and in a new form.

Why did Pagan's Pen fail?
I think it was the structure. Sometimes beauty flourishes in structure (a la bonsai), but sometimes that structure kills it. I wanted so much for PP to be a beautiful, thoughtful podcast with great production quality, and I think the first (read: only) episode was better on that end than any first episode of which I have ever been a part.
However, "The perfect is the enemy of the good," and I failed to deliver the good in the face of wanting to deliver the perfect.
So, from now on, I will strive only for "the good." Sorry, Perfection, you're too... what's the word? Oh, "perfect."

So, what will PP become?
Well, what it always should have been, a forum for me to share my thoughts about the two "Crafts" that fill my life: Writing and Wizardry.
It will probably be a blog more than a podcast. Oh, well, you can handle that, can't you? But I will throw in some audio as well, especially when I want to share something for the sound it creates when read aloud.

Blessings to all of you. May Mercury inspire your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment